free hit counter

Friday, February 24, 2006

Four year old 'Kingpin'

After a day with Amicus helping facilitate a briefing in Bristol for officers yesterday, I took the day off today and spent a bit of time with the kids.

Rain, snow and sleet limited our outside options so went 10-pin bowling - which Frances managed to win by a country mile. I limped in a poor 4th (out of 4), but as I explained to the kids I prefer to concentrate on style rather than scores...

Of course being on Merseyside today I missed the big news story of the day which was the suspension of London's elected Mayor - Ken Livingstone. You can read the TUC's views on this here. Have to say my first instinct is that elected politicians should be held accountable by their electorate not by unelected tribunals - and this is obviously Livingstone's view as well. (mind you I reserve the right to change my mind in a completely unprincipled way on this, depending on the politician concerned - happy for the 'Adjudication Panel' to have a go at George W for example though i'm not sure their remit stretches this far...)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

cant help wondering if ken had called a non jewish reporter a nazi guard would there be the same response. somehow i dont think so.



gazzelli

11:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home