free hit counter

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Catching up

Busy over the weekend and yesterday so its a been a good few days since I've blogged (and looking back a good few weeks since I blogged anything interesting!).

On Saturday I was out all day the Midlands TUC Annual Conference, taking part in a panel session on organising, and yesterday I spent most of the day in an informal working session on TUC structures and the support we offer unions.

This afternoon I am helping facilitate a seminar on union finances and resources - which will include a presentation by Paul Willman who has been working on this issue with his colleague Alex Bryson on behalf of the TUC. One of the key things their report will look at is how unions can free up more resources to support organising, and what sort of different approaches unions might take.

Having a short working-week this week, as up to Scotland for my sister-in-law's wedding, (managing to combine this with a few hours at the STUC's 'Organising Unions, Organising Communities' on Friday)...

Thats pretty well much what I'm up too - blog again soon when (if) I have something interesting to say!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home