free hit counter

Monday, October 10, 2005

Credit Card trade unionism

Article from yesterday's Observer, about union's moving away from 'credit-card' recruitment.

I'm quoted in it, but that's not the reason why its interesting. Reason it is interesting is that I think it shows that unions have woken up to the fact that 'cheap' insurance deals, credit cards and will-writing services are not the future of trade unionism...people don't join unions for pet insurance (well most people don't!).

Perhaps unsurprisingly what they want is good old-fashioned effective unions that deliver in the workplace.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Totally agree brother.
Some unions run insurance schemes that are in trouble,but do the membership know?I hope so.

Saying that though I hold a Union Credit Card.

I belong to a pro-active union,now ,we fell by the wayside,but a new broom is sweeping clean ..As is said The past we inherit. The future we build!!!

7:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home